I cannot recall what I listened to, watched, or read. Sadly my notes don’t include the author of this incredible information. Being that it is “5 Things” I would guess that it’s from John Maxwell.
1. Find the Problem that needs solving.
To be successful in business value needs to be added to others. Find the pain points of customers and then find a solution that helps.
2. Understand the Problem
Once the problem is understood – WHY does this happen? – WHAT the Problem is becomes a leadership/strategy issue.
3. Push against the Problem
Discover HOW to move it by:
- Asking questions of the people that are surrounded by the Problem – Push “how fast, how high, etc.”
- Their opinions determine their performance
- Determine a Solution / Strategy / Plan
- Expect Opposition – First within the company, then externally
4. Take the Vision from ‘Me’ to ‘We’
This is the Change Management step of clearly communicating the vision and getting everyone in the company on board and then getting everyone externally on board.
5. Simplify & Focus the Organization
Looking at military operations – an individual is either a supplier or a combatant. In business it is the same – you’re either supporting or you’re selling.